This Or That?
I had one of those days yesterday that seriously made me re-think home ownership. The day started well and ended with my thumb slammed in my front door (who needs a thumbnail though, really?), my lawnmower shitting the bed and best of all, I noticed some unwanted friends had made a home in my grill. Yellow jackets. Just about 100 of them. Awesome. Except, not awesome. Especially because I am so highly allergic. Of course I did what any girl does when everything seems to be going wrong. I called my parents to vent, created a list of everything that is wrong or not quite right with my house, decided I am a life failure because my lawn is half-mowed and I no longer have a working grill, drank a few glasses of wine and went to bed. Then I woke up (and hour late) and started fixing all this shit. And by that I mean, I went to work and my dad found an exterminator and met him at my house. My parents are awesome! I keep reminding myself that 90% of the time, owning a home is totally awesome even if it means I’ll be broke for the rest of my life.
I love my house. I love my house. I love my house.
Anyway…I needed something light for today! Saw this on a blog I started recently reading and it was exactly the type of post I needed for today!
1. This or that: 5k or a marathon?
They are both mentally tough for entirely different reasons. I actually prefer longer distance runs…if I had to choose…the 5k, only because the training for a marathon is so taxing.
2. This or that: flat race in the heat or hilly race in the cold?
Flat + heat! Truthfully, I run better in the cold, but I HATE the cold and I HATE hills!
3. This or that: new running shoes or a new running outfit?
Outfit, for sure. I love finding new running clothes!
4. This or that: run a marathon without headphones or Garmin?
5. This or that: race because of the convenience (location, price, travel) or the swag?
I would say convenience, although I love to travel for races. Although I fully intend to travel to D.C. next spring to get myself some Tiffany’s swag 🙂
6. This or that: PR but result in an injury or finish strong and missing a PR?
I have spent way too much time injured. Miss the PR and finish strong!
7. This or that: 100 squats or 100 push ups? [Now take a break and go do them. ;)]
Pushups. I HATE squats.
8. This or that: run without socks or without sports bra?
Wow. Both would be incredibly uncomfortable. I think though, without a bra. Hopefully my tank is tight enough!
9. This or that: treadmill for an hour or run around the same street block for an hour?
10. This or that: Ragnar Relay or Marathon Relay team?
Ragnar all the way!!!
11. This or that: Naked run or naked yoga?
Both of these sound like they would be terrible for me.
12. This or that: Come in 4th in the Olympics or 1st in NYC marathon?
1st in NYC!!
13. This or that: give up running for a 3 years to get a BQ or never BQ but run as much as you want?
Never BQ and run as much as I want! That IS my reality and I am solidly okay with it!